GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLES’ REPUBLIC OF NAGALIM
Ministry of Information and Publicity
Hebron, 27th February, 2020
An Emergency Joint Council Meeting comprising Collective Leadership, Members of Collective Leadership, Steering Executive Members, Steering Committee Members, Kilonsers, Tatars, Heads of the Departments and Colonel and above of Naga Army was held at the Council Headquarters (CHQ) Hebron, today the 27th February, 2020 and deliberated on the Indo-political talks. After intense discussion, the meeting passed the following resolutions:
- The house reaffirmed the decision of the Tatar Hoho dated 3rd September, 2019, and the Collective Leadership dated 23rd July, 2019, to uphold the 3rd August, 2015 Framework Agreement.
- That, the Naga National flag and Constitution represent our national identity, and the recognition is absolutely a matter of Nagas’ right for an honorable political solution.
- That, the political solution shall be “Naga Solution” of the Nagas wherever they are. Therefore, it is our bounden duty to uphold the unique history and sovereign rights of the Naga people that is in consonance with the historic 1951 Plebiscite.
- To uphold the mandate of the Naga people given to NSCN on 21st January, 2005, to conclude an honorable solution to the Indo-Naga political issue and the unification of all Naga areas.
- That, the political talks between the Government of India (GoI) and NSCN must move forward in the spirit of mutual respect. It condemned in the strongest term the double-standard policy of the GoI and caution the GoI from using its agencies including National Investigation Agency (NIA) to arrest and harass the members of the NSCN who are in political negotiations with the GoI for the past twenty two (22) years.
- That, NSCN shall continue to endeavor to conclude an HONORABLE POLITICAL SOLUTION that is ACCEPTABLE to the Naga people.
Issued by MIP