GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF NAGALIM
Ministry of Information and Publicity
Oking, 1st July, 2018
- The issue of integration of all the Naga territories is an integral part of the ongoing Indo-Naga political dialogue. Naga territories that have been kept apart arbitrarily and indiscriminately by the British in the first place and then further divided between Burma (now Myanmar) and India under Nehru without the knowledge and consent of the Naga people is totally unacceptable. Just as there cannot be a kingdom without territory, so the Indo-Naga political talks sans integration of all the contiguous Naga areas will be a futile exercise.
- In recognition of the Nagas’ history and situation as unique by the Government of India, historic Framework Agreement of 3rd August, 2015 was signed between the GoI and the NSCN.
- Both the parties agree and recognize that integration of all the contiguous Naga areas is the legitimate right of the Naga people and it is mutually agreed that it will be pursued through earnest political democratic process.
- Now, after 21 years of negotiations, India and Naga people are prepared to finalize the political dialogue to its logical conclusion and resolve the oldest political problem in the entire South East Asia. At this crucial juncture, any attempt to undermine or disturb the peace process without being able to make head or tail of the negotiation shall no longer be tolerated.
- In this regard, the recent irrational and irresponsible statements on Naga territorial integration by the Nagaland state Chief Minister Mr. Rio are nothing but a direct challenge to the Naga national cause. Who is he to barter the legitimate rights of the Nagas in the open market for personal glory? Whom is he trying to please by surrendering the history and the legitimate right of the Nagas? Such a treacherous attempt to enhance personal political ambition at the expense of the Nagas’ right is a deliberate insult to the Naga people’s sentiment.
- Come what may, Nagas will stand our ground to the last. It must be remembered that, this hard earned political achievement has come at the cost of untold sufferings and supreme sacrifices rendered by thousands of Naga sons and daughters. No individual or organization is licensed to talk cheaply on the history of our people.
- It is pertinent to state that Nagas wherever they are, think and speak as one political language. It is time for the Nagas to be vigilant and alert to distinguish between what is true and false. The greatest challenge before us today is to remain truthful, and committed to the historical decision. Remember, morning shows the day, but the end is counted. We will stand to the end; we will not compromise our historical rights for one’s positions, power and to please the enemies. We shall not remain silent spectator against any divisive forces within or without, who tries to betray the Naga cause and their history.